We are a boutique interior design firm specializing in homes that bridge the gap between style, artistry, and functionality.
Our style lives outside of trends so that the home we create for you is timeless.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT WE DO
Jacob Medina and his team focus on providing high-level service to his clients. Our services are tailored to your project’s needs. In addition to interior design services, his team provides commissioned art pieces and custom furniture designs to make each space unique. We collaborate with architects, builders, landscape designers, organizers, and any team needed to complete your project.
Furnishing selections | 2D or 3D design plans | Custom upholstery | Wall coverings | Window treatments
Lighting design | One-of-a-kind art pieces | Remodeling | New construction designs
The first step to getting to know you is listening. We want to hear about your life and how you live it.
Now that we have gotten to know you, we begin to develop our vision for your new home by crafting a unique design plan.
We have created the vision, now we collaborate with our artisans and tradesmen to bring the vision into reality.
The hard work is done and now it is time for the big reveal. Enjoy your new home with champagne and a toast to a new beginning.
Owner – Designer
I know that hiring an interior designer can be nerve-wracking. Don’t stress! I completely understand. Let me answer some of the big questions here. If your question isn’t here, please email us a hello@Jacob-Medina.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
I have never hired an interior designer before, how much does it cost?
My design process is to meet for a 2-hour in-home consultation. During that time, I will get to know you and your home. This will help me to determine the scope of the project. Once the consultation is completed, I will provide you with a formal Fee Proposal that covers the entire scope of the project and the cost for the design fees. Below is are some average prices for design fees.
- The average design fee is $5000 per room. This price includes getting to know you, designing the space, ordering the items, and installing the completed design. The cost varies depending on the size of the room and the scope of the project.
- The average cost for an e-Design (living room, master bedroom, dining room) is $2400
- a 2-hour in-home consultation is $400
What should I budget for my project?
- First let me say that home renovations are pretty difficult for me to generalize. Every space is unique. I don’t want to set you up for failure by throwing around random numbers. For that one, call me to set up and Initial Consultation. I need to see the space and get a better scope of the project before I help you with that budget estimation.
- For average size family room, master bedroom, or dining room the budgets start around $15,000. Most clients spend $15,000 to $50,000 per room. I know that’s not small change, but I want to give you a great design and great quality. Yes, of course you can design a living room for less, but if you sacrifice quality you’re just going to spend more money in year when you’re sick of the uncomfortable sofa or when the rug falls apart. Trust me! You don’t want that.
- If you are planning to decorate an entire home, the cost to decorate can be around 15-20% of the home.
Do I order the furniture or do you? Do I get any discounts on the furniture?
- For a Full Service Design, I do all the ordering. It is part of the service and that includes me tracking all the deliveries, dealing with any back ordered or damaged items, storing the items, and installing everything into the newly designed space. There can be exceptions and those can be discussed during the project.
- For an e-Design, I will send you a shopping with links to the items with the details for all the retail items. The retail items will be ordered by you and shipped to your home. All trade items are of course ordered by me and I will ship them directly to your home.
- For my designer discounts. I do share my discounts with my clients on an item that I am ordering. The discounts vary from vendor to vendor. The cost for any item does not exceed any retail pricing. I don’t guarantee any discount, but I typically check 2 sources for each item to ensure I am giving you the best price per item.
Can you use my credit card to place orders?
For an e-design, I can use your credit card to assist with ordering. I will provide you with a credit card authorization form that you will fill out. There is a standard 20% procurement fee for ordering. This covers ordering and tracking the order. I will also assist with coordinating delivery.